The game controls will now affect player devices as well. E.g. if you turn off the player names, they will also turn off on the player's game board and leaderboard screens.
Right now the music only works on the game host device - let us know in the feedback below if you'd like the music to work on player devices as well.
We've also added confetti to the podium to make it more celebratory and changed it to dark theme. Let us know what you think!
We've changed the way credits are used to ensure each one is used with a real game play. Now a credit will only be used when the game has at least 5 players in and has been running for at least 5 minutes.
If this criteria is met, the system determines this is likely to be a real game play and will deduct one credit.
This means we've removed the single player option and made it a simple "Go!" button on the launch screen.
Hopefully this makes the experience simpler to use ✨
We have updated the search engine algorithm to provide more relevant results and ~3X faster than before, so now you can find games more easily!
👉 Go to app.quizwhizzer.com/public to search thousands of games made by the QuizWhizzer community!
Autosave is finally here! Now you can build your game without having to worry about saving continuously.
If you leave the page before explicitly pressing the "Finish" button (renamed from "Save"), your unfinished game will be available in your drafts.
Any draft games you have will appear when you navigate to the game builder to create a new game, where you can click on a draft to load it in and continue working on it. You can also delete drafts by clicking on the red trash icon.
The save status of your game is shown at the top above the tabs:
- Improved game previews - Added play button to the game preview so you no longer need to click on the game first to launch it. Moved the stats to overlay the game board
- On player screen, fixed the move message covering up the question - will now hide immediately after switching back to the question view
- Increase size of images on player screen
- Product update posts like this now have reactions and feedback so you can let us know what you think about each update 😁
- Image upload requests will no longer fail after authentication timeout
We have improved the authentication system so you will no longer be logged out while you are still on the site. Instead, your session will automatically be renewed.